Brazilian Butt Lift
Buttock augmentation, or gluteal augmentation, is used to improve the contour, size and shape of the buttocks. This is done through the use of buttock implants, fat grafting or sometimes a combination of the two.
Buttock implants are silicone-filled devices that are surgically placed deep within the tissues of the buttock. Buttock augmentation through the use of fat grafting involves the transfer of fat from one area of the body into the tissues of the buttocks. This technique is sometimes referred to as a Brazilian Butt Lift.
What buttock augmentation surgery can do
• Increase fullness, roundness and projection of your butt or buttocks
• Improve the balance of your figure
• Enhance your self-image and self-confidence
A buttock lift, or gluteal lift, improves the shape and tone of the underlying tissue that supports skin and fat in the buttock area.
Aging, sun damage, pregnancy, significant fluctuations in weight and genetic factors may contribute to poor tissue elasticity that can result in sagging of the buttocks.
Buttock lifts are not intended strictly for the removal of excess fat nor are they intended to add volume to the buttocks. Fat grafting, buttock implants or auto-augmentation (when some of your own tissue is left underneath the skin) can be used to add volume. Liposuction is sometimes added for better contouring.
Who is a good candidate for buttock enhancement?
Buttock enhancement surgeries are highly individualized procedures. You should do it for yourself, not to fulfill someone else’s desires or to try to fit any sort of ideal image.
Who is a good candidate for buttock augmentation?
You may be a good candidate for buttock augmentation if:
• You are physically healthy
• You have realistic expectations
• You are bothered by the feeling that your butt is too small
• You are unhappy with the roundness or general shape of your butt
• Your butt is asymmetrical
Who is a good candidate for a buttock lift?
In general, buttock lift candidates include:
• Individuals with significant soft tissue looseness in the gluteal area
• Healthy individuals without medical conditions that impair healing or increase risk of surgery
• Individuals with a positive outlook and realistic goals for what gluteal lift surgery can accomplish
• Individuals committed to leading a healthy lifestyle with proper nutrition and fitness