An arm lift, or brachioplasty, is a surgical procedure that:
• Reduces excess sagging skin that droops downward
• Tightens and smoothes the underlying supportive tissue that defines the shape of the upper arm
• Reduces localized pockets of fat in the upper arm region
Fluctuations in weight, growing older and heredity can cause your upper arms to have a drooping, sagging appearance. This is a condition that cannot be corrected through exercise.
Arm lift surgery may be right for you if the underside of your upper arms are sagging or appear loose and full due to excess skin and fat.
In general, arm lift candidates include:
• Adults with significant upper arm skin laxity
• Adults of any age whose weight is relatively stable and who are not significantly overweight
• Healthy individuals without medical conditions that impair healing or increase risk of surgery
• Individuals with a positive outlook and realistic expectations